- Publié le : 21 avril 2018 8 h 14 min
- Expire : 223 jours
This little book that fits in your hand developed from the article “20 Ways You Know You’re Becoming French” by long time Paris resident hailing from Philadelphia, Shari Leslie Segall. Shari has had plenty of years to observe the locals in her adopted country and pick up their mannerisms, tastes and idiosyncrasies. These are not the things you learn in French class but from immersion. Becoming French most certainly starts with the language classes but it certainly does not end there. The content of the book is tongue-in-cheek and whimsical but also carries more than a grain of truth. The points kept coming after the article was posted and we are still noting new ones.
- shop for your perishables daily chez those you call my butcher, my baker, my cheesemonger
- ask everyone you know about their recent/upcoming vacances
- know who Marianne is
We had a lot of fun making this little book and hope you’ll enjoy your very own copy. It’ll make a unique hostess gift (less expensive than flowers!), birthday or other. Copies can be ordered via this link – We can ship directly to a giftee if you like. It’s a fun idea for a gift for your « French » friends near and far as they journey to the other side
… Scarves and magnets are available too.
Or you can purchase the book in these fine shops:
- D. Shop (17 rue de Richelieu – 75001)
- Brentano’s (37 av de l’Opéra – 75002)
- Bring France Home (3 Rue de Birague – 75004)
- Librairie Eyrolles Travel dept. (61 bd Saint-Germain – 75005)
- Shakespeare & Co.
- Gab & Jo (28, rue Jacob – 75006)
- Librairie Papeterie du Champs de Mars (28, avenue de Tourville – 75007)
- BLA Librairie-Papeterie (161 rue de Grenelle – 75007)
- Le Parchemin (176 rue de Grenelle – 75007)
- Les Parisettes (10 rue Gramme – 75015)
- Boulogne-Billancourt – FUSAC office (42 rue du Chemin Vert)
- St Germain en Laye – Gibert Joseph (1, rue de Pologne)
- Fontainebleau – Reel Books (9 Rue de Ferrare)
14798 vues au total, 3 vues aujourd'hui