- Publié le : 14 mai 2018 10 h 15 min
- Expire : 7 jours, 16 heures
Personal Assistant and Office Administrator
LES Level – Prospective applicants should note that this is a Locally Engaged Staff position not entitled to diplomatic conditions of service, and requiring a valid work visa for France.
Starting date: June 2018 (Closing date of application => 27/05/2018)
Location: Australian Embassy In Paris, 4 Rue Jean Rey 75015 Paris
Application to be sent by Email ONLY to http://australian-embassy-paris.jobs.vocationcity.com/application/form/11012?source=Fusac
- Cover Letter
About your application (Please read carefully before applying)
In order to apply, you will have to answer several questions, including 4 to 6 questions to assess your motivations to join the embassy. Should this be more convenient, you can chose to answer those questions in a separate Word/PDF document to be enclosed within your application.
You will also have to provide an indication of your level of English and French skills.
To help you assessing your language level, you can use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
More information available on: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
The Australian Embassy aims to ensure that people are engaged on the basis of their ability rather than their race, gender or background.
About Department of Defence
The primary role of Defence is to defend Australia against armed attack. Australia’s defence policy is founded on the principle of self-reliance in the direct defence of Australia, but with a capacity to do more where there are shared interests with partners and allies.
About the Position
This position is based in the Defence Office at the Australian Embassy in Paris and reports directly to the Defence Attaché (DA) Paris.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Provision of administrative support to the DA including: diary management; arranging appointments and meetings, coordinating Defence representational activities.
Coordinate DA travel, including responsibility for travel and accommodation bookings, production and approval of Defence Movement Requisitions.
Preparation of DA Representational Funds Acquittal and assistance with post-travel financial acquittals.
Produce background information briefs for DA activities including research on individuals, history, current events and topical issues.
Liaison with French and foreign military agencies and other Australian Government department representatives.
Management of the Defence Office contacts database.
Assist Visits Coordinator in the preparation of programs for incoming Australian Defence Organisation VIP visitors to France, and senior French visitors to Australia.
Assist Visits Coordinator with logistical support to incoming visitors.
Management of Australian Defence Organisation and Defence industry security clearances to classified Defence and industrial establishments in France.
Office Administration, Research Tasks & Office Support:
Translation (French to English, English to French) of official documents and correspondence.
Primary interface for all Australian Defence-related enquiries between the Defence Office Paris, external organisations and the general public.
Management of Defence Office training activities.
Management of Defence representational gift supplies and gift and hospitality register.
Provide support to Administration and Correspondence Officer for Diplomatic Clearances and correspondence distribution and related record keeping.
General administration duties including photocopying, filing, scanning, maintaining stationary supplies and responding to telephone enquiries.
- This is a security-designated position. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level. Applicants must be a national of Australia, New-Zealand, America, Canada, or United Kingdom to be eligible for an Australian Government security clearance. Persons holding dual French nationality with one of the above nationalities would not be eligible for a security clearance for this position. Applications that do not specifically address and satisfy this requirement will not be considered.
- Fluency in English and a high level of written and spoken French is essential.
- Applicants being considered for the position may be required to undertake, and if so pass at a high level, oral and written tests in English and French.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet are essential. Applicants being considered for the position may be required to undertake a test to demonstrate their capacity to use such software.
- A driver’s licence valid in France is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability in the provision of high level secretarial and administrative support.
- Highly effective communication skills in both French and English.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well within a small team environment.
- Broad understanding of Defence operating structures.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel as required.
249 vues au total, 3 vues aujourd'hui