- Publié le : 14 janvier 2021 8 h 00 min
- Expire : 11 jours, 17 heures
HEAD OF MISSION EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Full-Time: 35 hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: 3161 Euros monthly gross + 13th month payment
Applications are sought from persons interested in employment at the Australian Embassy in Paris. The successful applicant will be engaged on a local contract of employment.
This is a security-designated position. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level. Applicants must be a national of Australia, New-Zealand, America, Canada, or United Kingdom to be eligible for an Australian Government security clearance. Persons holding dual French nationality with one of the above nationalities would not be eligible for a security clearance for this position. Applications that do not specifically address and satisfy this requirement will not be considered. Applicants being considered for the position may be required to undertake, and if so pass at a high level, oral and written tests in English and French.
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
This position provides high-level executive and organisational support to manage the office of the Head of Mission (HOM). Duties also include coordination between HOM and other agencies, organising official events and coordinating programs for visiting officials.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide executive and organisational support to the Ambassador in both English and French.
- Prepare and manage the Ambassador’s program and schedule of appointments, arrange meetings, lunches and other appointments.
- Liaise with officials from Australian Government ministries, business, other diplomatic missions and sections within the Embassy.
- Assist with programme preparation and other arrangements for visiting Australian officials.
- Liaise with the Ambassador’s domestic staff and assist with organising public diplomacy events in the Embassy and official functions in the Residence, maintain accounting records for these functions.
- Translate documents from French into English and prepare written correspondence as required including meeting minutes and letters.
- Strong capacity to provide high-level executive and administrative support and proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage competing priorities within a busy team.
- Sound written and oral communication skills and fluency in English and French is essential.
- Ability to liaise across a range of key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be flexible and show initiative.
- Strong capacity to exercise discretion and judgment.
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Demonstrate your ability to undertake a high level of executive administration with high degrees of autonomy and professionalism (including management of HOM`s diary, advisory duties, event coordination and use of using Microsoft Office Suite).
B. Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities with minimal supervision in a demanding environment.
C. Proven ability to provide accurate and timely research and reporting with a demonstrated ability to set priorities, show initiative, exercise sound judgement, meet tight deadlines, and achieve results.
D. Ability to communicate and work effectively across all organizational levels and build strong relationships with stakeholders
E. Strong sense of accountability and discretion, particularly while working with sensitive information; acting with integrity and building trust while when working within small teams
F. Demonstrate good understanding and awareness of the French Government structures, contacts and protocol activities.
Application should be send to the Embassy’s employment website
148 vues au total, 3 vues aujourd'hui