- Publié le : 9 janvier 2019 13 h 00 min
- Expire : 4 jours, 22 heures
AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IN FRANCE
Personal Assistant and Research Officer
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
CDD (4 months – renewable if needed) – Monthly gross salary 3016€ + 13th month
LES Level – Prospective applicants should note that this is a Locally Engaged Staff position not entitled to diplomatic conditions of service, and requiring a valid work visa for France.
This is a security-designated position. Applicants must be a national of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States or United Kingdom. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level. Persons holding dual French nationality are not eligible for a security clearance for this position
Starting Date: March/April 2019 (Closing date of application => 22/01/2019)
Location: Australian Embassy In Paris, 4 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris
Application to be send by Email ONLY to https://australian-embassy-paris.jobs.vocationcity.com/application/form/12211?source=Fusac
- Cover Letter
About your application (Please read carefully before applying)
In order to apply, you will have to answer several questions, including 4 to 6 questions to assess your motivations to join the embassy. Should this be more convenient, you can chose to answer those questions in a separate Word/PDF document to be enclosed within your application.
You will also have to provide an indication of your level of English and French skills. To help you assessing your language level, you can use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
More information available on: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
The Australian Embassy aims to ensure that people are engaged on the basis of their ability rather than their race, gender or background.
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
The Personal Assistant and Research Officer provides administrative, research and organisational support to the Deputy Head of Mission (DHOM)/Ambassador to UNESCO and non-resident Ambassador to Chad, and to officers in the political section.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high-quality organisational and administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission (DHOM)/Ambassador to UNESCO and wider political section, including written and telephone correspondence in both English and French.
- Prepare and manage the DHOM/Ambassador’s schedule of appointments, and assist branch officers in organising meetings. Liaise with senior officials from government ministries in France and Chad; UNESCO; other diplomatic missions; Australian government departments; and colleagues in the Australian Paris missions.
- Assist the DHOM/Ambassador in covering relevant UNESCO activity and prepare reports as required. This can involve policy analysis and representing Australia at UNESCO.
Monitor and report on developments in non-resident countries of accreditation in Africa, including through media and government websites. Undertake general research as required by DHOM/Ambassador and other officers.
- Organise visit programmes for senior Australian officials and assist with the preparation and organisation of ministerial visits.
Manage the administration of DHOM/Ambassador’s representational funds.
- Arrange meetings, lunches, and other official functions. Assist with public diplomacy events as required.
- Serve as back-up to PA to the Ambassador to France.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a small and busy team
- Flexibility, initiative and excellent interpersonal and liaison skills
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability in the provision of high level administrative support to a senior executive
- Demonstrated research, analysis and reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to undertake tasks with minimal supervision, set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to function effectively in a position of trust
- Fluency in French and English
634 vues au total, 16 vues aujourd'hui